Reducing Diabetes Disparities Project
To support New Jersey’s efforts to reduce, and eventually eliminate, health disparities in the state, this program provided services to the African-American, Latino and migrant and seasonal farmworker populations to help them manage their diabetes. We also worked to increase 1) the screening and identification of individuals living with or at risk of diabetes and 2) their access to care and resources to help them improve their diabetes management.
- Administered the American Diabetes Association Risk Tool (ADART),
- Delivered diabetes education and self-care classes,
- Made referrals for eye and foot exams, and
- Provided exercise and nutrition classes.
- During FY 2010, we administered ADART to 1000 people.
- During the first two quarters of FY 2011, we administered ADART to 963.
Cumberland County, NJ
NJ Department of Health and Senior Services, Office of Minority and Multicultural Health